Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - 2014

Well, it's hard to believe that it is now 2014.

It's been a busy year, but no so much in the writing department.

I have recently finished the first draft of Gail Warning - A Witchy Tale, and sent it off to my editor. Praying that I've learned enough with the last three books that I will not have much to change. Punctuation still seems to be my biggest problem. And reading other authors hasn't helped very much. It appears that, depending on the editor/publisher, rules on punctuation change. So, I work and hope my editor figures it out. And, because I publish my own works, I'm solely responsible for the content.

I guess that sounds like a disclaimer, which works for me.

Now that Gail Warning is in the hands of my editor, I have gone back to re-write Janie's Got It Bad - Book 3 of the Janie's Got series. In Janie 3, things are moving along between Janie and Aleck. She is still getting involve in helping him with his cases, while juggling her workload. Her best friend, Mil, is moving to town. And there's a new sheriff in town, who seems to have his eye on Janie.

If I can find more time to devote to it, I may be able to release it not long after Gail Warning. Then, I'll have to find marketing avenues to get them sold. I have a few ideas  and will try them out as time allows. I'm hoping that both books will be ready early in the year so that I can sign up again for their Local Authors even with BookNuts in White Plains.

Our club, Life Journeys Writers Club (LJWC), held their holiday party in Waldorf, and we had about 100 attendees. So, word is getting out about our club, which we hope in return gets word out about our books/works.

That's it for now. Fingers crossed and prayers sent that things will look up in my writing career. Only a couple more years before I retire, and hope that my writing career will help supplement my retirement income.

May YOUR New Year be safe, profitable, and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment