Saturday, September 11, 2010

Update

Well, I finally finished editing, for like the fourth time, the one story I started back in 2008. I have told myself that is the very last edit I am doing on it. After all, I'll have to pay a professional editor to give it an edit before I can submit it to a Lit Agency - when I find one to take my stories.

Now, I can get back to creating more. As soon as I was finished with the editing, I came up with another story. I will post a snippet here after this post.

Good news, I've entered a writing contest. It's a short story - I have a hard time writing short stories LOL - 5,000 words or less. I did manage to get one idea (A Christmas Story) I had started to just under 5,000. I've submitted it but the winners won't be picked until December. Ugh! What a long time to wait. They will award 3 winners and 7 honorable mentions. I pray I am at least one among the many. If so, I'll have a chance of getting picked up by an agent. That will make that part much easier.

That's it for now. Back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment