Sunday, May 1, 2011

The latest

WOW! Didn't realize it has been so long since my last post.

Been doing a little writing and some reading. When a new book comes out by Janet Evanovich or Nora Roberts I have to take a break and read them. Also, have been sampling some of the stories by our club (Life Journeys Writers Club) members or by a guest speaker.

I have made the decision to not seek an agent just yet. I have purchased a few books on writing. Hoping to get some guidance on areas that I may fall short in. Plus, I will continue to work on the many stories I have in the works. Practice makes perfect. I have found that having the book edited helps even when it hurts.

I am also exploring the option of putting a book or two online as an ebook. Thus another reason to focus on improving my writing.

I have one book with the working title of "Unknown Destinations" edited. It's a story about Sarah Cummings (aka Bunny) who has special powers she calls "vibes." As an abused child, now grown, she has put that gift to work helping abused children. It needs a lot of re-write but I have discovered that I really don't want to write those types of stories. I prefer light-hearted stories with humor. I find I've a number of stories dealing with elderly characters. I will concentrate on those until exhausted. I do have one romance done (Darn Hormones) and the Janie/Aleck stories (which still need editing and some rewrites), which I will eventually finish and put on ebooks.

That's it for now. Hopefully, there is someone out there in WWW land that happens upon my blog and actually reads it.

No comments:

Post a Comment