Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waldorf Library Authors Reception

On October 13, I and six other authors from the Life Journeys Writers Club attended a local authors reception at the new library in Waldorf.

Although not officially open, the Director, Emily, held the event there to allow people to get a sneak peak of the new building.

There were about 16 or 18 authors in attendance. Several got to read from their work. Then there was a short break to allow people to roam and talk to authors or buy books.

I had several people stop by my table, although none bought a book. I did hand out several business cards and/or post cards. I left the event a little after 3, which was the time the event was to end but it was still going strong.

My new book, Janie's Got A New Job, had not been delivered yet, so I just had Hooked to offer.

Janie has since come in and will be available on Oct. 27th at the FallFest at Blue Crabs stadium in Waldorf. I hope and pray I sell most of the books I ordered, as I ordered a larger amount this time around to save on shipping charges.

I don't have anything planned after this but will have to look for ways to sell Janie (One). I need to find other avenues to sell my books. I cannot depend on just family to buy them.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment