Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I was surprised (again) to see how much time has gone by since I was here last. It has been a busy time and will continue into June. We have several weddings to attend in May, which puts the bridal showers/one bachelor party to attend and gifts to be purchased in April. So every weekend in April and May are taken.

The Life Journeys Writers Club was incorporated in December and soon to be non-profit. I am now a Board member and the Treasurer. Every quarter, I attend the Board meeting where we are in the planning stage. This is besides the monthly meetings we have as a club.

I continue working on the re-write of Janie's Got The Knack, Book Two in my Janie's Got series. Time is at a minimum for working on making change and getting it ready for the editor.

March flew by, but I did manage to get Janie re-written to follow the changes I made in Book One. I am anxious to get it finished so that I can get back on to some of the other stories that have been on the back burner for some time now. It's always a "I think I can make that part better" moment when I'm nearing the finish line. At some point I'll have to say it's good enough and send it on.

On the first Saturday in March I did another Local Authors event at Booknuts Book Store in White Plains, MD. There were about four of us there this time around. The owners serve refreshments, and are very helpful when it comes to advertising and taking care of ringing up the sales. I did sell a couple of Janie's Got A New Job, Book One in the series this time around.

I've signed up for another event on June 1 at Booknuts. I still have several books left that I'm hoping to get sold. I would love to have Janie Two finished before then so that I can offer them for sale at that time. However, given how time consuming it is to go through 250 pages for the thousandth time looking for typos, or ways to improve a sentence, it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to accomplish that. So, I'm hoping by the time I have it done and printed (fingers crossed it will be before end of year),  Booknuts will be having another event to which I can sign up.

That's a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment